Wednesday, March 05, 2014

M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NW13























My respect for M.A.C has heightened even further than I thought possible after following it's Fashion Week looks on social media, because now, at last, I am finally the owner of the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and I have to say I have never used a foundation that is quite so flawless. Previously, using high street brands such as Rimmel's Wake Me Up and Maybelline's Fit Me and even heading further upmarket with my sleek Bobbi Brown foundation, I have never found the ideal base, having to build up a lot with concealers and powders, leaving my face feeling caked to be honest. However, with M.A.C, I can rely on it not to wear off, or do a poor job of covering my spots and dark shadows and to build up the rest of my skin I only need a little concealer and a light covering of bronzer. I have seen reviews that it can cause break outs but I don't find my skin irritated much at all, although I make sure to moisturise well before applying otherwise my dryness starts to show as the day wears on.
I used my Eco Tools flat foundation brush to apply, which has been a favourite recently as I get bored of my Beauty Blender after a couple of months using it and have to swap it in and out with brushes as I just love the feel of painting onto skin.
This was £21.50, which is more expensive than your average high street brand but with such a flawless look I feel it was worth the money. I also only wear this at the weekends, opting for tinted moisturiser for school as it frees up my skin and I can justify the price as I don't feel I'm wasting such a beautiful product.
My shade is nearly the palest, NW13, but is my best match and doesn't leave an obvious colour difference from my face to my neck which I despise on anyone of any age with poor make up!
Finally, I have shown my face firstly with just the foundation on and no eye make up and then fully done up; this was a bit of a big step for me as having blonde eyelashes does not mean I go freely without make up. Ever. Out of my comfort zone is an interesting place.
I am wearing the Truly Madly Deeply Psychic Symbol Crop Top from Urban Outfitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment