Thursday, January 09, 2014

Switzerland Weekend - Zurich and Zug


A couple of weeks ago I went back to Switzerland to see my mum and with all this snow it looks incredible at the moment! My mum works in Zug (not far from Zurich) where these photos are taken, living in a flat half way up the Zugerburg which is such a handy spot for walking up to get these amazing views. I don't ski, a fact which makes me feel very inadequate when you have three year olds all set up with their massive puffa jackets superior to me but my mum and I went into Zurich and we came across this crowd of children getting ready for Christmas, carolling in a pyramid as a whole audience gathered round with mulled wine. This was all very cute until we came back four hours later and they were still out which we thought was definitely classed under, 'Swiss Extremist Carolling.' We also found this lovely open courtyard which had a spectacular view of St.Peter's clocktower though we came to the conclusion that it was so very European, purely because you couldn't have that kind of serenity in a public place in London. This was also felt upon seeing fully decked Christmas trees along the main street in Zurich, with pristine baubles; is it too cynical of me to assume that within three days of something like that being arranged in London they would be smashed?
My outfit is Topshop black leggings, fur Zara coat and I don't even know how to describe my shoes? I love them and have worn them pretty much consistently for the past two months. They're black patent and lace up but I don't know how to categorise them because they have a heel and are certifiably to my mind down as 'clompy boots.' Decide for yourself the correct shoe terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment