Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Pop of Neon - Barry M Lipgloss



        Neon is back. No, calm down, it's crucial here not to go over the top! Just a pop of neon in an outfit, be it with the handbag or the shoes or in this case, the lips. This splash of vivid gloss is very girly, though slightly more vibrant without the flash on the camera. I'm not normally too keen on a very bright lip but I bought this jumper from H&M a few weeks ago, and with my pale skin it tends to wash me out so as well as wearing a dark bandeau underneath it, the added colour to the lips brightens up my face a bit more than the usual nude and pale glosses and balms.

        This lip gloss is Shade 5, Bubblegum Pink by Barry M. I found I had to apply quite a few layers to get a strong colour as it is quite a sheer gloss, however sticky it may be! The only other problem I have with Barry M glosses and some other brands actually is that they are very deceiving when it comes to packaging. Although this looks like a large tube it is an optical illusion, with a thick transparent casing around the actual product, meaning it only holds 2.5 ml when it could contain 3x that amount if it used a lot more of the width in the tube. Otherwise, a lovely, pretty lipgloss to add to the rather vast collection...





10 comments:

  1. Love BarryM products! You look stunning by the way :)

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they are such good quality for their price, besides the minor concern of the size. And no, I have been incredibly lazy with my hair at weekends recently, I think it has something to do with the dreary weather... xx

      Delete
  2. I have done your tag sweetie xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-shine-on-award-tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks great - your crabs are so cool! xx

      Delete
  3. Love the colour on you! Pretty eyes btw

    hayleythrills.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think they look a lot brighter than normal in these pictures! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm not one for light pink lips but we have similar colouring and it looks amazing on you so I may have to give it a go!

    Laura (whatlauradid.com)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, I think it works here because I'm wearing something light coloured, otherwise it can look a bit drag-like. xx

      Delete
  5. This color looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it can be a bit too bright but as long as the eye makeup isn't too clashy I thinks it works quite well xx

      Delete