The Versatile Blogger Award is for fairly new bloggers...(I've tried to nominate bloggers who have been blogging for under a year)
1) Nominate 15 other new bloggers
2) Let them know you have nominated them
3) Share 7 random facts about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who has nominated you
5) Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your post
So my 7 random facts should help you learn a little more about me and I'll try to make them as random as I can...enjoy!
1) I always pull this one out when someone brings out the random/interesting-fact-about-you thing and that is that I had a very serious problem with my spine called scoliosis, which is a curved spine. I was first diagnosed at 10 or 11 and at its worst my spine was curved 60 degrees. Imagine a healthy straight spine being 0 and then 90 being a right angle and you'll get the picture on how bad it was. I overcompensated with my hips though so I didn't look as deformed as you imagine but I was put into a thick, plastic back brace for two years which went from my hips to stomach and all my back to my neck which had three straps at the back like an old fashioned corset. I now have one of the straightest spines anywhere after an operation in the summer of 2011 and have two 23cm metal rods nailed into my spine which gets people very excited at airport security!
2) I have had dinner with JLS! It was on January 19th last year so when that date comes around I will do a post to tell you about it as my blog was non-existent then! They had just come off the One Show and me and five friends spent a few hours having dinner with them in a private room in Pizza Express in London.
3) I made Page 3 (NOT HOW YOU THINK!) at birth! No I wasn't a model but my birth made papers all over the country because my mum is a very high up business women, who was in the middle of running a multi-billion pound merger in labour and only spent 2 hours in the hospital before giving birth! Everyone was extremely proud and we have loads of papers in the attic of me as a Scottish newborn. I was born in Paisley Hospital, Scotland and lived in Kilmacolm for 18 months before moving down to the South East with my British parents so I'm not really Scottish and have no accent.
4) I love designer handbags and my school bag is a velvet Juicy Couture bag which just about manages to squeeze in the books need for a few lessons at a time! My previous baby was a lovely Lulu Guiness bag which was huge and had eyelashes on. The bag I took on holiday was a metallic DKNY bag which was a birthday present!
5) I'm not a natural blonde : I know, shocking. Until a few years ago I was a lovely blonde but as with all child blondes, the brown came through and turned it all dark so now I have it dyed every couple of months to keep my golden curls. I also use John Freidas's 'Sheer Blonde' lightening shampoo.
6) I play for the lacrosse team, girls play it in the UK, guys play it in the US, and although it may seem like a posh games for all girls schools its actually so good for fitness and very violent. I play defense, in Point or Cover Point, by the goal. I am not looking forward to the freezing January Saturday mornings when I will have to run around the pitches with my lacrosse stick.
7) I am a die hard BlackBerry fan. My sister has just got an iPhone for Christmas but I have to stick with my BB and now have the Bold 9900 in White from the old Curve 8520 in Black - loads of my friends are on BBM and the recent updates keep you in the loop for everything!
So there you go, some more knowledge on me and what my life is like!
My nominations are : (names are all linked to their blogs)
- Life According to Chloe
- The Dodo Bakes
- Abby Louise Makeup
- Scottie's Paper Dolls
- Beauty and the Book
- Diary of a Makeup Geek - Aqeela's Blog
- For The Love of Thrift
- Nicole Gets Nailed
- Lola Rose
- Miss Chillie
- Pretty Gloss
- Nail The Look
- Beautiful You
- British Beauty Geek
- Life of a Fashion Nerd
Check them out, they all have great blogs!